Time isn’t linear

This is what happens when Neo meets the Oracle in The Matrix:

ORACLE
I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.

NEO
What vase?

He turns to look around and his elbow knocks a VASE from the table. It BREAKS against the linoleum floor.

ORACLE
That vase.

NEO
Shit, I'm sorry.

She pulls out a tray of chocolate chip cookies and turns. She is an older woman, wearing big oven mitts, comfortable slacks and a print blouse. She looks like someone's grandma.

ORACLE
I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.

NEO
How did you know...?

She sets the cookie tray on a wooden hot pad.

ORACLE
What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything.


- From the film The Matrix

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redemption: Gandhi shows a way out of Hell

Seek out the expertise