It is a simple question, but the answer is profound. The answer carries with it ramifications that will undo core beliefs about who you think you are. With just a little watching, you may discover that the answer to the question is not known until the thought arises. If this is true, what does that mean for who you think you are? Because the next thought is not and cannot be known until it is already present, some questions may arise…
• If I don’t know what the next thought is going to be, who comes up with it?
• If I don’t know what the next thought is going to be, how can I know what choices are going to be made?
• If I don’t know what choices are going to be made, who does?
• If I don’t know what choices are going to be made, am I making them at all?
• If I didn’t make the choice, where did it come from?
• Have I ever made a choice about anything?
Proceed with caution. These thoughts can lead to the end of you!
- Charlie Hayes